Community

Community / Featured

Mrs. Siemon’s Travels Through History

Mrs. Siemon is many things- a social studies teacher, a history enthusiast, and a world traveler. Kayla Terzioglu, a student who went on the trip to Greece with Mrs. Siemon, commented on some of the places they visited.” The trip was very fun and exhausting. We went to four different […]

Community / Featured

He’s Worked Here For Almost 50 Years: Meet Doug Corrigan

Chances are, you’ve seen an enthusiastic black lab being walked around Dana, her nose constantly sniffing anything and everything; she tugs at her leash, making the man walking her smile. This dog is Stella, and her owner is Doug Corrigan. Well, technically, Doug’s daughter Kelsey owns Stella, but he’s willing […]

Community

Thirteen Questions Episode 1

Hallmanac reporters Sarah Syed and Bink Vijitkasemkij get to know 13 things about Mandarin teacher Jasmine Xiang in this new feature. .https://youtu.be/lnxmmAnzU4s

Community

Life in the Library

Welcome, dear friends, to the Dana Hall School library (which is actually totally a pseudonym the librarians use to trick us!). It is I, the ghost of Helen Temple Cooke herself! Now, I don’t have much time before they find out I’m writing to tell you the truth about our […]

Community / Lifestyle

Life in the Library

The Library Has That? Before you ask this question, just know that yes, the library does have that. Before I started working in the library, I only came to this treasure chest to print papers. I had no idea that it would become my favorite study space on campus and […]

Community / Lifestyle

Thai girl eats Pad Thai at Lemon Thai

Being a boarder at Dana Hall, I don’t have that much food choice, but my friend told me that there are a couple of good restaurants in downtown Wellesley which I had never tried before. I decided to go to Lemon Thai Cuisine, located on 555 Washington Street, and write […]

Community / Opinion

Why X Blocks?

1:05 is a good time for a nap. But this is also the time when X-blocks normally take place, and it can be hard for some people to stay focused. Since it is not a course, why does the school dedicate so much time and effort to these lectures? I […]

Community / Opinion

Diversity at Dana: Part One, the Problems

With 28% of Dana Hall’s students of color being domestic and 15% being international students, students of color make up a minority of the Dana Hall student population. The Dana community, sometimes referred to as a bubble, is often known for being unlike the real world. In every description of […]

Academics / Arts / Community

Library Page Book Review: All The Light We Cannot See

Until two summers ago, I never dreamed that I would read a book that sympathized with a Nazi soldier. And I certainly did not expect to understand the author’s point of view. All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr, tells the story of a young Nazi scientist, but […]

Community / Lifestyle

Student Entrepreneur Conquering Allergies, Benefitting Society

Did you ever have something that plays a big role in your life, a thing which impacts you and shapes who you are? You might not think that a little stain on the jeans of a 14-year-old kid could create a better future for many people, but Jessie Rose Schwartz, […]