Community

Community

A Useful Website

This article is dedicated to Dara Detwonga ‘19, who passed this article to me as she went on her senior project. Good luck, seniors!        Is Wellesley really as safe as we think it is? It’s a question that is often in the back of our minds, but rarely […]

Community / Lifestyle

A Closer Look at Amarin

If you have ever walked by Truly Yogurt in Wellesley, you have most definitely seen Amarin, a Thai restaurant that looks almost as if it is underground. When you walk in, you will always be greeted by friendly faces welcoming you to try the Americanized Thai cuisine. I first tried […]

Community

A “Hole” Lot of Trouble

DANA HALL — After school on February 25th, 2019, three pairs of roommates unsuspectingly returned to their Wheeler dorm rooms to discover that their ceilings had either sustained significant damage or collapsed altogether. Since then, the six boarding students have been relocated from Wheeler rooms 112, 113, and 114 to […]

Community

Dear Dana Hall Community, Diane is Leaving

After 19 years of working at Dana Hall as a house director and taking care of the girls at Grey Lodge Dormitory, Diane Peterson Seaborn is saying goodbye. During the dorm meeting on Thursday night, my dorm-mates and I were shocked after knowing that Diane, our dorm parent, is leaving […]

Academics / Community

Dr. Doll is Sailing Far…

It is the end of an era. Dr. John Doll, head of the science department, recipient of the Blair Jenkins Faculty Chair in Math and Science award, and all around beloved science teacher, is moving onto bigger things. After 14 years of teaching at Dana Hall, Dr. Doll has accepted […]

Athletics / Community

Dana Hall Starts Spring Strong In Athletics

On Wednesday, April 24th, Varsity Lacrosse won their away game against Concord Academy 24-12. These high-scoring games aren’t out of the ordinary for this spring season; this trimester, athletes have surpassed expectations on and off the field. Varsity teams, in particular, have had the chance to surpass previously set school […]

Arts / Community

Cause for Celebration

On April 25th, Couture for a Cause, Dana Hall’s own fashion show, celebrated its 10th anniversary, showcasing a variety of designs, while supporting an amazing cause. 10 years ago, the class of 2009 started an art club, the MFA, or Movement of Art. The first show was organized by two […]

Community / Lifestyle

A Night to Remember

Last Saturday, an event that spiked many emotions happened. Prom. Whether you love it or hate it, you will never escape the constant chatter about dresses, hair makeup, shoes, dates and all the stress that comes with it. A month before this event, it won’t stop. And it never stops. […]

Academics / Community

Senior Projects Around the Corner

The Senior Projects Program is a two-week long project that gives seniors the opportunity to intern or shadow with an off-campus mentor or organization of their choosing. It starts the day after their last AP Exam, and ends on Wednesday, May 29th. Seniors are given around two months to use […]

Academics / Community

Mr. Fadden: Inspired and Inspiring

Sitting in the Science Lab after school one Wednesday evening, I became increasingly aware that Gary Fadden is not the person who lives a life of regret or doubt. Growing up, Mr. Fadden never thought that he would be a teacher, nor a scientist –  yet the stars seemed to […]